Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Welcome to the Blog!

Hi all! I’m finally getting the blog back on the air, and I’ll be sharing my travels with you from here on. I’m currently sitting in a nice (and fairly deserted) state park on a lake in Idaho.

image

The weather looks good, so I think I’ll hang out here a couple days, and try to get my act together for the border crossing into Canada. That’s really no big deal, but I need to off any prohibited fruits and veggies, and be sure I’m not carrying anything verboten. Plus, I need to find my passport…. it’s in here somewhere!

Since I left Tucson at the end of March, I’ve been visiting friends and family all through California, Oregon and Washington. It has been a hoot hooking up with folks, some who I haven’t seen in a few years. I’ve been parking in driveways and in front of houses, which in my opinion is the best way to visit someone: I’ve got my own place, and I can sleep as late as I like, without inconveniencing my hosts. LOL There’s been a lot of that, having retired my alarm clock. Anyway, a Huge Thank You to all the folks who kindly invited me into their homes and yards, fed me, beered me, wined me, and let me do laundry. I’m looking forward to dropping by on the return trip sometime this fall.

Once I slip into Canada, I’ll lose all cell phone access, and will be limited to finding WiFi hotspots for communication. That will last for a few weeks, until I get to Alaska (Skagway) around the end of May. So, if you email me and don’t get a response right away, worry not, I’m probably OK, just out in the wilds of BC or the Yukon. Don’t even try a call or a text, it just ain’t happening.

So, how does it feel to be out here? Pretty darn good! Aside from a serious lack of decent Mexican food, it’s been a great trip so far. Been a few bumps, but nothing that couldn’t be handled. Sometimes the weather is great and sometimes it sucks, nothing new there! I meet new people almost every day, and see something new out the window on a regular basis. Each day gets a little more unscheduled and unplanned. I can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be right now, except maybe in Alaska catching a salmon, but that’s coming soon.

Dennis and Carol are already in Alaska (Ketchikan), and are making their way up the inside passage via ferry. Check out their bog at http://rvdrivingschool.blogspot.com/. And check back here from time to time, I hope to have some great pictures and thots for you. Notes from the road, yeah! That’s it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Wednesday here in Ketchikan, Alaska too. Sun out almost all day. That's nice, saw over two dozen Eagles here this AM. Friendly as hell people. We will see ya the end of the month. Finding WiFi Hotspots wasn't hard. Check out Subways among others. Loosey Goosey is nice...stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear that you're enjoying your travels and getting the blog back up. Will be watching for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I'm looking forward to following along with you on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels my friend. Hope to see you in Florida at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Folks

Internet access is spotty at best, so please be patient if you email me, or want a response. Thanks!