Saturday, May 27, 2017

Liard River Hot Springs

I made the short trip from Muncho Lake to Liard on the 22nd, and who do you think I found when I rolled in? That’s right! Dennis and Carol, who were supposedly still on the ferry on their way to Skagway. I rolled down the window and exclaimed: UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE! (Actually, I wasn’t too surprised, I sorta expected them to show up) Dennis says: SURE YOU WERE!  I grabbed the site across from them and we had fun catching up on where we’d been.

IMG_8790   IMG_8791

Liard is the first gathering of the Loosey Goosey clan. I’m “hosting” it, which mostly means that we’ll have happy hour at my site, but the lack of cell and internet leave me guessing how many will show up. I’m planning to cook a Guisada dinner for anyone who’s there on the 25th. Let’s see how many we get. Meanwhile, I’m spending mornings and evenings soaking in the springs! Liard is one of the nicest hot springs I’ve ever been to: rustic, yet modern, remote, yet easily accessible by boardwalk.

IMG_8839   IMG_8840IMG_8843   IMG_8833

Folks start rolling in, and hugs and happy faces are the rule each day. By the 25th, we have 23 people here for dinner! I’m not going to list the names, but you can see from these pix, it’s a big (and happy) group!

IMG_8798   IMG_8805IMG_8802

After dinner, it’s down to the springs for a glass of mead, and a group soak.

IMG_8808   IMG_8809IMG_8806   IMG_8822

Whatever Carol’s saying, I don’t think Cathie’s buying it!

IMG_8812

Bud being Bud.

IMG_8818   IMG_8819

Why are all the women in the center, and all the men against the wall?

IMG_8830   IMG_8831IMG_8832

The 26th was my 60th birthday, and Cathie baked a cake for me, and I got some great gifts. Being 60 hardly hurts at all, unless I bend over too far like this… Ouch! Dammit.

IMG_8846

I don’t know what she used to decorate that cake, but it might be moose poop! Tasted good…..

Hugs to all the Goosey folks who attended the Liard gathering! It was a blast! See y’all on down the road!

IMG_8795

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mark! Can't imagine having a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of belly button days Mark! So sorry I was not there to help usher it in my fellow Gemini.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Folks

Internet access is spotty at best, so please be patient if you email me, or want a response. Thanks!